In one of the discussions with our client, we came across that his maintenance and support revenue was very poor and around 60% only he could reach out of his targeted revenue. Axcend, with enormous experience in helping the customer to achieve these kinds of challenges could identify that ‘manual data recording’ which interns reflecting a low OEE and poor maintenance causing the revenue loss. Axcend then played a role to develop & implement the ‘remote monitoring system’ for the target lines/machines to improve the maintenance and service efficiency.
Root causes of Challenges
- Inability to track the real time OEE of the lines/machines from different locations.
- No capability to track preventive & predictive maintenance.automatically
- Less monitoring on Operator activities & root cause of failures (Downtime).
- A PLC system to monitor the line/machine data
- A SCADA system to monitor and display the machine parameters
- Client-Server software that will capture Work order details and Machine downtime reasons.
- A web based application to configure shift, user related data
- A database that stores all the data
- A Reporting tool for analyse & represent the collected data
- An AR based application to create the work/service instructions.
System was designed to capture the required granular level parameters from each of the machines directly along with the production quantity, Availability, Warranty details, Next service due date & downtime reasons from operator terminals on real time.
An Interface PLC panel was placed to read the machine/line related signals from the various locations across the geography. The Interface PLC will communicate the data to the Server PC over Ethernet LAN. Machines are equipped with a Thing mark bar code to scan the code with a mobile & load the work/service instructions to carry out the services.
The system was designed to capture the real-time data, store it in the cloud & analyze the historical data for the preventive & predictive maintenance of the lines/machines over NextFirst LAN network. Dashboards will provide an overview on Spare parts availability, service engineer’s availability, Efficiency, location wise no of services, Warranty details, SLA agreement details & profitability.